The Second Call For Papers for the conference “Animals in the Anthropocene: Human-animal relations in a changing semiosphere” (Stavanger, Norway, September 17-19th 2015) has appeared (see conference webpage and 2nd CFP).
Deadline for submission of abstracts (oral presentations): March 1st 2015. Please submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keynote speakers: Almo Farina (Italy), Gisela Kaplan (Australia), Dominique Lestel (France), David Rothenberg (USA), Bronislaw Szerszynski (UK) and Louise Westling (USA).
The conference will feature 7 theme sessions:
– “Animals mediating the real and the imaginary in the past” (chairs: Siv Kristoffersen & Kristin Armstrong Oma, Museum of Archaeology, University of Stavanger, Norway)
– “Animal representations in popular culture and new media” (chairs: Kjersti Vik & Lene Bøe, University of Stavanger, Norway)
– “Animals, semiotics, and Actor-Network-Theory” (chairs: Silver Rattasepp & Timo Maran, University of Tartu, Estonia)
– “Global species” (chair: Morten Tønnessen, University of Stavanger, Norway)
– “Humans and other animals, between anthropology and phenomenologies” (chair: Annabelle Dufourcq, Charles University, Czech Republic)
– “Understanding the meaning of animals“ (chairs: Forrest Clingerman, Ohio Northern University, USA & Martin Drenthen, Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherlands)
– “Wild animals in the era of humankind” (chair: Morten Tønnessen, University of Stavanger, Norway)
Submitted abstracts will be considered for a planned book to be published in Lexington Books´ series “Ecocritical Theory and Practice”.